Warm up questions
Sample Answers
11. How would you introduce yourself briefly?
Ans: Well, I consider I'm a self-motivated person and an active communicator. I've been practising in this field for the last 2/3 years and this helped me to build my confidence and taught me the meaning of 'healing touch'. On top of that, I'm a daily learner.
12. Would you rather be liked or respected as a radiographer?
Ans: Well, in my opinion, as a radiographer, it's vital to be respected by your colleagues and patients. However, being liked is also important as it can build trust and rapport with patients. In most work roles being respected should be given greater emphasize since it is typically linked closely to competence and productivity.
13. Do you find that communication skills are important for a radiographer?
Ans: Without any doubt, effective communication and interpersonal skills are paramount in healthcare profession. One must communicate seamlessly with medical staff, colleagues, patients and their families. Furthermore, they should convey information clearly, balancing transparency with sensitivity to avoid unnecessary distress.
14. What type of work environment do you prefer?
Ans: Well, I can adapt easily to various work environments. However, I've found the most fulfilment in smaller environs because these settings allow me to focus on providing individual attention to each patient without feeling rushed.
15. Tell me about a time when you explained a medical terminology to individuals without medical training.
Ans: This happens daily in the workplace. I reckon, communicating medical information to a non-medically trained individual is crucial. Once I has to explain post-operative care to a family following their child's surgery. I made a conscious effort to use the simple term like "poop" instead of "bowels", ensuring they grasp the information easily.
DAY - 2
16. Give an example of the mistake you've made. How did you solve it?
Ans: Well, I remember vividly, our professor was telling us once that an error committed by a doctor can cause death. Thank God, I haven't committed any errors till date except one during my internship. I made a mistake in administration of a medication; however, I detected the error soon and informed my seniors and it was resolved before any calamities occurred. This experience taught me an important lesson to be vigilant and double check to avoid medical errors.
17. How attached you will get to your patients?
Ans: Despite my busy schedules, I still find time to grow fond of the people I care for. Day in and day out, we meet several different patients, but there will be special ones who leave a lasting impression in our hearts. Saying "good bye" to these patients can be difficult, but being a doc, you know you made difference in their lives , no matter how big or small.
18. How do you handle a busy shift or heavy workload?
Ans: Busy shifts are the regular part of my work as a doc. I used to get overwhelmed when I had more to do than normal, but as I have got more experience, it's becoming easier to deal with. Taking a few moments to meditate or do my favorite breathing exercise help alleviate immediate stress.
------Thank you-----
Comments
Post a Comment