Rear View Mirror

 Rear View Mirror

IELTS Speaking Test. Tokyo, Japan

30 October 2021


Part1

1. Could you please tell me  full name?

2.  Can I see your ID please?

3. Are you a student or do you work?

4. Tell me about your family.

5. Why do you take IELTS?

Lets talk about   Perfumes

6. Do you wear perfumes?

7. Have you ever bought perfume as a gift to someone else?

8. Are there any kinds of perfumes you do like?

9. Do you think people spend a lot of money on perfumes?


Part 2 Cue Card

Talk about your favourite film. You should say:

* Which film is that

* When and where you watched it

* What the film was about

* And explain why it is your favourite film


Part 3 Discussion

1. What kinds of films are trendy now?

2. Does people's age make any difference to their choice of films?

3. Have you ever watched any black and white films?

4. Why do fewer people go to cinemas to watch films?

5.How has the films changed over the years?

6. Do you think cinemas will disappear in the future?

7. If you were to make a film, what would it be about?




May I Help you?

1. IELTS Examiner: Do you use perfume?

Candidate: Well, I guess, I love wearing perfume - my day is not complete if I cannot dad perfume on my wrists, behind my ear, and inside my elbow. However, I don't put on a strong one that drives people away, I love wearing faint ones. [YES]


Candidate: Well, definitely not! I have a perfume intolerance, my nose is sensitive to fragrances, especially if they are strong ones; I get headaches and runny and stuffy nose. 


2. IELTS Examiner: What kind of perfume do you like?

Candidate: Well, honestly speaking, there's only one perfume that I'm crazy about and that's oceanic perfume. The scent is a mix of synthetic compounds that evoke natural aromas of ocean spray, mountain air or a clean linen. I love it because it smells fresh, and obviously, it's one of the top selling perfume in the world.


Candidate: Well, as I said, I do't use any perfume because of my allergy. So, as much as possible, I stay away from fragrances. In fact, it's a struggle for me since some people who wear perfume and who do not know about my allergy would think that I'm rude because I cover my nose when they come near me. 


3. IELTS Examiner: Would you pay a lot for perfume?

Candidate: [No]. Well, I think, No, I wouldn't. I don't want to spend a fortune for just perfume. I would rather spend a lot of money on my needs and not my wants.

Candidate: [Yes].  Well, it might sound crazy, but Yes , I would. I use some niche perfumes and for me it's a personal investment - dabbing a little perfume that makes me smell good and I reckon, it gives a good impression to people. Mine is an expensive perfume.


4. IELTS Examiner:  Do you give perfume as a gift?

Candidate: Not at all, because I'm afraid when I give it to someone, he may not like the smell and will not use it. So it's just a waste of money, unless the person asks me to buy him a specific perfume, I would surely gift him one.


5. IELTS Examiner: Have you ever received perfume as a gift?

Candidate: Well, I would say, No! I don't usually receive one because I like only  one kind of perfume that I buy personally from a certain shop. And I don't want others to guess the kind of perfume I wear.




  




   




                                                                                    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IELTS Writing task 2- ESSAY WEEK

Speaking Types of Questions

IELTS CUE CARDS of 2023